Wednesday, November 24, 2010

66% Human, Please!

Good morning. Sorry I missed posting yesterday, but is was a pretty tough day. I went to the doc to get checked and she told me she didn't need to ask me how I was feeling because my blood counts said it all. They were very low, but that was to be expected, she said. Maybe she expected me to feel that way, but I was fully expecting to be feeling 66% human a week out....boy was I wrong. Anywaay, after listing off only a fraction of the resulting carnage on my bod, many of which would be in the TMI category for a journal posting, she wrote me a bunch of prescriptions. Oh goody, more stuff to fix one thing and throw another thing outa whack. One of the prescriptions was a pretty powerful antibiotic because she didn't want this cold to go any further. As my luck would have it, my temperature started to go up yesterday afternoon. It's back to normal this morning and thank goodness. I had asked the doc if I should call if my temp went up and she said no....go straight to emergency. Yuck, hospital food on Thanksgiving? The antibiotics seemed to work almost immediately. I broke out in a sweat within an hour of taking the first one....and that usually means the fever is breaking in my book.

Romie came bursting down the hallway with the puppy running after him about an hour ago (still dark outside), "Mom, are you going to have turkey with us? It's gonna be yummy!" Of course I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment