Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Invasive Lobular Carcinoma

I had an MRI last week that showed that there is another spot on the other breast and they wanted to check it out by ultrasound. I have Invasive Lobular Carcinoma, or ILC, and this type of breast cancer has a higher incidence of being on the other side too. I went in for the ultrasound today. The doctor found it, but decided that it would be better to do an MRI biopsy on that one and that would have to wait for another day. Instead, she decided to dig around on my axilla nodes - they showed to be enlarged on the MRI. That led to 3 needle biopsies today that will show if our resident gingerbread man is sending out little spawns to ensure his survival. I think this one hurt a bit more than the last biopsy. My forearm even hurts, weird. I have an appointment with the surgeon on Friday, but I got a message this afternoon that he may want to see me tomorrow. Works for me. The sooner the better!

Signing off for tonight....my little bubba gump (Roman) needs mamma to help him fall asleep. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment