Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Hangover

Good morning. I've got a hangover this morning, but the good thing about that is that I've had one before ;-). Yesterday went ok. I met with the doctor before the infusion. I think my shocker there was the extimate of 6-7 weeks of radiation everyday after the surgery. Yikes! Oh well, that's a ways off. When it was time to start the infusion, they wouldn't let John come back with me. I'm a pretty independent person, but I think this flustered me a bit. Then I got there and they were hitching me up and it hit me like a pile of bricks. I have cancer....how the hell did that happen! I was surrounded by alot of very sick people. That got me pretty choked up. But, the nice nurse got me a package of tissues and started talking about her husbands business that led to a little common political ground and I was back in business. Then a really nice older gentleman that volunteers, his name is Sandor Vandor, sat down to talk to me. While I was trying to answer him, I couldn't focus and felt like my eyes were crossing and rolling back in my head. It was the benedryl - wow! It ended up taking about 4 hours total. I was soooooo tired last night.....still am this morning. The nausea kicked in a little this morning, so I took some medication and hopefully, it will do it's job. I've got 3 appointments today.....one to get a shot that will help my blood cells recover. I'm told that comes with some pretty intense bone pain - can't wait!

One down, 5 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment