Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Husbands Say the Darndest Things!

It's official, I feel like an old person that's universe revolves around doctor's appointments and lab tests. I met the oncologist today and there's a question about the best treatment....STILL! Since the Mammogram and Ultrasound reports show the tumor at about 3 cm, and the MRI shows it at 6.5 cm, the doctor wants to consult with the surgeon, the radiologist, and the Titty Committee (John coined this one on the way home) which is a group of oncologists that will give their opinion on the best way to move forward. In addition, the surgeon is presenting our infamous Gingerbread Man to the Tumor Board tomorrow - he's getting to be a regular celebrity in these parts! So, on Friday, I will receive a call from the oncologist with a decision on how to move forward. That said, I would say that she was more swayed towards neoadjuvant (chemo first) therapy by the end of the appointment. After examination of the tumor, she could tell that it seemed much larger than 3cm, even though it's hard to determine edges on one side. Once I get that call, we should be able to move forward with treatment quickly, and more than likely receive my first chemo treatment before Thanksgiving.

Something I forgot to share with you that happened last week after my appointment with the surgeon.........John could tell I was a little distant after the appointment and while we were driving he turned to me and asked, "Is there something you want to get off your chest?"

'nuff said!

No comments:

Post a Comment