Friday, November 12, 2010

Arthritus? Really? At my age?

Feeling the sleepies setting in......nap time yet? Since the time change last week, Romie and the dogs are getting up between 4:30-5 everyday. I've been trying to stay in bed, but they are all so active.....Romie just about jumps out of his skin within an hour of waking up......he's such a morning boy! The picture I've posted here is Roman playing in the backyard with the dogs this afternoon. What a gorgeous day!

The echo went good this morning. Very crowded waiting room at 7:30 in the morning. Had to sit right under the very loud tv. They called me up, and as I came around the corner to cardiology, my daughter's friend's mom comes right up to me. Turns out she did the echo and everything looks good. Small little town we live in here. Feels like Mayberry alot of the time.

Results are back on the blood tests and chest xray and they all look fine. That pain in my back that got me hopping on all this......looks to be arthritis.....same thing that's in my shoulders and hips. How old am I?

So, I got the call from my doc. They've all met and talked about Mr. Gingerbread Man and decided that chemo first is the way to go because they feel confident that we are dealing with a tumor that is about 6.5 cm. I'll be loading up on prescriptions Monday for side effects and starting my infusions on Wednesday. I guess we'll start with some roids, then move on to Adriamycin and Cytoxan, and to finish it off nicely, Taxotere. Mmmmm, mmmm, mmmmm!

Off to order some hats!

No comments:

Post a Comment