Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Twas the Night Before Chemo!

 I just got back from the surgeon's office. They are all so nice and helpful there, I feel very lucky to be treated by such caring and competent people. According to Dr. Woodburn, the Tumor Board 90% confirmed that because the tumor was so big, and it's placement, that the chemo first was the best course of treatment. They also thought that even if we see shrinkage, that a mastectomy was in order, with nodes being removed. My surgery will probably be at the end of March or beginning of April. He also confirmed that I will need radiation and that would start about a month after I have surgery. So, if all goes well, I should be finished with active treatment by the end of June and with a months rest be jet skiing on Lake Mohave. John seems to think I should go with double d's for that trip.

On another note, I've got adrenaline pumping through my veins today anticipating tomorrows events. I'm so relieved to have a plan, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a little apprehension about pumping toxins through my veins.

Thank you to everyone for your well wishes and prayers. Please make sure you pray that I'm not cone headed or have weird markings on my bald scalp......I'm counting on you guys for this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment