Thursday, May 17, 2012

Dog Years!

I was driving my son and his two friends to school this morning.  Like every morning, the 3 of them are in the back seat talking away.  They don't seem to realize that I'm in the front seat listening.  They say the funniest things!  Anyway, this morning they were talking about dog years.  My chemo brain can't remember exactly why there were talking about dog years, but on my 5k run/walk this morning (mostly walk, but don't tell anyone), I couldn't get that whole dog years concept out of my brain.  I came home and signed on to my blog here.  When I ended my Caringbridge site at the end of last year, I had intended on continuing to post here.  But something has been blocking me.  I don't really know why, but I don't feel motivated to write about breast cancer anymore.  I think about breast cancer often.  I talk about it often enough.  It's still part of my life, but Beatin' BC in the VC just wasn't buttering my toast!  But Livin' Life in Dog Years?  Now that's something I might be able to wag about.  I'd still like to write about Breast Cancer sometimes.  I'm still learning so much, and I'd love to share some of what I've learned.  I'm still experiencing the Breast Cancer on so many levels.  Maybe I'll share that too.  BUT, there's some tail waggin' going on that doesn't have a darn thing to do with Breast Cancer.  Or maybe it has everything to do with Breast Cancer.  Maybe having this wicked disease has taught me a little something.  I admit, every now and then, I am totally surprised by a moment, and how it makes me feel.  Sometimes it makes me smile, other times it makes me cry.   Either way, it feels good!  It feels good to be noticing how beautiful and joyous this life can be.  Now, that might be fun to write about.  So, let's take this one for a walk around the block and see how it goes.  You'll let me know how it's going, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment