Friday, April 15, 2011

I'm getting through this round ok. I woke up this morning with some pretty intense bone pain and a bit queasy, but no back spasms so far. It was the Friday morning after my Nuelasta shot the last time when the back spasms started, so maybe I'm safe this time. This whole round seems to be going a little better than the last one. I've been able to keep eating and I've been drinking a ton, as well as staying up and about......I think all that is helping to flush it out of my system.

On another front I got some good news. I had this oh crap moment a few months ago when I realized that one of my term life insurance policies would expire in about 3 years and I wouldn't be able to get a new policy because of that pesky cancer question they ask. I thought I had everything covered. After each kid was born, I took out a term policy. When Kyla and Jesse were born, I took out 10 year term policies. Of course, they expired, but I took out a new policy when they did. After Roman was born, I took out a 10 year policy too......DUH.....needed a 20 year policy! I guess I never thought there'd be any reason why I couldn't get insured again. DUH DUH DUH! Anyway, I just got off the phone with my insurance agent and he has confirmed that my policy can be converted to Universal Life.....very good news. Of course, I can't afford the premium right now, but I have time to convert it in the next year or so after I get back to work. So, hopefully, none of my friends with youngins' are making the same mistake I did. If so, fix it now!

The kids are all doing great. It's been nice to have all 5 kids home this week. We are going to color a few easter eggs tonight and maybe play a little Uno Attack after we make pizzas. I'm always amazed at how much food we go through when everyone is home. It's like there's a grocery black hole in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment