Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Totally Rad!

It's been awhile. I've really been feeling pretty good this past couple of weeks......and I've really enjoyed it. I'm getting back to working, and I've been able to do some things that I enjoy too, like gardening, cooking, and seeing friends. Maybe that's why I burst into tears after I hung up the phone with the radiation nurse. She called to tell me they are ready for me to start and gave me a choice of Monday or Tuesday. I knew it was coming, but I guess I'm taking that live for the moment a bit too far right now. I'm so ready to be done with this cancer thing!

I also went for a follow up appointment regarding reconstruction. I'm being told that implants are not an option for me because of the radiation. The skin will get damaged and may not hold the implant. The alternative is a flap reconstruction that uses fat from another part of the body to reconstruct and I know I have plenty of that to spare...BUT, I like it where it is and don't really feel like swapping my full grown belly pooch for sweater puppies! That said, I think I'm going to look for a second opinion on this one.

On that note, I've got some work to get done on a couple of short sales. Did I mention how much I LUV short sales?

No comments:

Post a Comment