Wednesday, May 11, 2011

GRRRRR!

Good Morning! I haven't posted for a while because I've been so darn grouchy. I think starting radiation treatments made me feel a bit anxious and out of control. For a self-admitted control freak this whole cancer thing has been challenging, to say the least. At times, I've wanted to throw myself on the ground kicking and screaming in full on toddler tantrum mode! Nice mental picture, eh?

So, I went in Monday and they told me it was a "dry run". The technician used my neck as his personal etch-a-sketch. He actually used 2 different colored Sharpies and drew all over me. Of course, my it's luck that one of them was a red sharpie. The kids thought I was bleeding from my neck when I got home. It occurred to me that Sharpies, being permanent ink, must have some really great chemicals in them. Can't the medical field come up with anything better to "tag" their patients with? This is about the 4th time I've had a doctor draw all over me with a Sharpie. Did I mention that I had my surgeon's initials on each side of my chest for about a month? That was right before surgery, and I wasn't into scrubbing that area for quite a while, so the ink lasted a long time. Fun times!Yesterday I had the first treatment of my daily treatments through the end of June. Pretty uneventful, nothing to report.

While I was sitting here writing this, the phone keeps ringing. An Ondulando pool call, 2 real estate calls, mom, Janis, and the doctor's office just called to let me know my BRCA results are in. Negative. That's good news for Kyla and my someday grandkids. My cancer could still be genetic, but it's not one of the genes scientists have identified so far.

On another note, I'll be walking the Survivor Lap at the local Relay for Life this Saturday. Thank you to those who donated. Special thanks to Lynn at Boku Superfoods for pushing me over my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment