Thursday, May 5, 2011

Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy theorists are having a field day with this one. A decision has been made not to release photos, they are just too graphic. There's a rumor swirling that all this is a big cover up. But, I can assure you, I was not one of the Navy Seals that took down Osama Bin Laden (Usama Bin Laden for you nutty Fox watchers). So, if you've seen me lately......please accept that my current hair style has nothing to do with joining the Navy....it's just starting to grow back!

On another related note, I got this huge survey in the mail called the American Community Survey. It asks a ton of personal information about the dwellers in our household. Here's some of the questions:

First and Last name, age, date of birth
Annual costs for utilities, insurance, and real estate taxes
Married, divorced, widowed, never married
How MANY times married and the year last married
What location did this person work LAST WEEK
What TIME does this person leave for work
For whom does this person work
Income in the past 12 months
Self-employment income in past 12 months
Interest, dividends, rental income, etc in past 12 months

Check out this question: Because of physical, mental, or emotional condition, does this person have serious difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions?

Did I mention that on the cover it says that all questions are required to be answered, by law? WTH? Why does my government need to know how many times I've been married? At first, I thought this was a hoax and someone with bad intentions was collecting information to use it in evil ways. But, it seems that it's for real. The evil doer is our government. Check out the website at http://www.census.gov/acs/www/
I don't think our government should be collecting information like this about me. There's a ton more things I think our government shouldn't be doing, but I'm feeling pretty strong about this one. So, call me a conspiracy theorist if you must, but that survey is currently in the round file.

So, I'm thinking....if it's required that I answer these questions, by law, what do you think they will do to me when they find out I chucked it in the trash and then wrote about it on the internet? Think it might be worse than cancer? Might get me out of a few radiation treatments......

No comments:

Post a Comment