Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

It's almost like mother nature knows it's 4th of July weekend. It's gorgeous outside right now. Lynn and I went for a walk down at the beach around 7:30 this morning and no fog, not a cloud in site! The water was glassy and it was so beautiful I almost cried. I love this holiday. It just reminds me of carefree summertime, you know, back when school was out and you didn't have a worrie in the world? I also love all the flag waving and community events. The pier has flags waving all the way to the end, so cool. Then you get to top it off with friends, bbq's, and fireworks! I still ooooh and awe at the fireworks and I know this makes me a nerd, but I love the music too....Sousa's Stars and Strips Forever and the good ole Star Spangled Banner....makes me smile!
So, you can probably tell that I got a little better sleep last night. The night before I decided to try to sleep without help from a pain reliever and it didn't work too well. I woke up about 10 times during the night. Very uncomfortable. Made for a bit of grouchy day yesterday. So, last night, I was dog tired (I have 3 dogs snoring at my feet right now) and decided I needed one of those V pills. Worked like a charm and I slept till about 5:30 this morning. The really raw area is starting to heal a bit and other areas are crusting pretty bad. The constant pain is subsiding a bit and now it's just when I move certain ways. All very good news. Oh yeah, I forgot to share that I haven't had radiation all week. When I went in on Wednesday, the doc looked and said no way, need to heal more. So, I'm going back Tuesday and will probably finish the boosts then. I think I have 6-7 more to go.
I'm off. Need to get over to the city to pull some copies of permits on a house. Tomorrow is Jesse's 15th birthday. He's requested some of mamma's homemade mac and cheese so I need to pick up a few things at the grocery store too.
Remember to look around, there are so many beautiful things to see. And remember to enjoy every minute. Have a wonderful 4th everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment